As part of our educational outreach we have set up…
Our latest initiative is a scheme to offer a free one-hour visit to give guidance on the organ you usually play.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- For players and prospective players of all abilities and ages
- You may be a pianist who has been asked to play the organ
- Or be interested in understanding the organ better
- Or just someone wishing to improve their playing
WHAT COULD BE INCLUDED?
- How the mechanism works
- What the stops do and which are the best ones to use
- How to play a hymn or song effectively
- How to use the organ to encourage a congregation to sing their best
- How to start to use the pedals
- How to practise effectively
- Where you can get help to learn more and develop your skills in the future
These are just suggestions, but the sessions can be tailored to individual needs.
HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE?
Please feel free to contact the following SOCA representatives:
Taunton Area and General